Starting a New Year goes hand in hand with new resolutions. These are often aimed at improving one’s life and having a healthy lifestyle. In order to keep a healthy lifestyle, here are certain ways to go about it.
- Follow a particular diet and eat healthy food. Consuming fruits and vegetables every day reduces the risk of getting diseases and helps your body break down and digest proteins easily.
- Reduce the intake of sugar and salt. Consuming sugar and salt puts your health at risk as they can cause a stroke and heart disease. Many people get their sodium from salt, so you need to avoid food that has high sodium and limit your salt intake. Consuming sugar causes weight gain which can also cause health issues. Reduce the intake of sugar and instead take 10% of sugar for energy.
- Consume less junk food. Avoid eating harmful fat food every day. This will help to prevent unhealthy weight gain. Junk food can be replaced with vegetables and fruit. Do not drink alcohol as it causes health problems, such as mental and behavioural disorders. Don’t smoke to protect yourself from lung disease.
- Exercise regularly. This not only helps to keep you active but it improves your mental health and mood swings. It also reduces heart diseases, helps your body manage blood sugar and controls your weight.
Other things you can do to maintain a healthy lifestyle are…
- Prepare food correctly, as unsafe food contains bacteria.
- Drink 2liters of water every day to stay hydrated.
- Get yourself tested as it is important to know your health status.
- Always check your blood pressure in order to control hypertension.
- Get vaccinated to prevent yourself from contracting diseases.