We all love to enjoy a sweet snack every now and then, especially when we are particularly strict on our diets. We are always on the look-out for that treat that fits our daily calories and still tastes great and hits the spot. These Health Crunchies are exactly what you’ve been looking for. Crunchy, soft, sweet and full of great flavours.
The crunchie cookies are naturally sweetened with honey and made with coconut, almond flour, cinnamon, peanut butter and low-fat yoghurt. When baked, these Health Crunchies are relatively soft on the inside and pure crunch on the outside.
The yoghurt filling adds some softness and the fruit provide extra flavour and vitamins. Perfect for snack-time, these crunchies are only 300 calories per serving and will keep you to your daily goals. If you want to turn it into a vegan or vegetarian snack, replace the dairy with your preferred alternatives.
Snack time just got a whole lot tastier and healthier with these Health Crunchies, guilt-free and delicious.
Health Crunchies Recipe
Course: Snack, DessertCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
2 cups Raw oats
50 g Desiccated coconut
1 cup Almond flour
120 ml Sunflower oil
2 tsp Ground cinnamon
170 g Honey
120 g Unsalted butter
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Peanut butter
2 tbsp Low-fat yoghurt
2 Chopped strawberries
40 g Chopped blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add together the wet ingredients into a small bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to make small balls and flatten them onto a greased baking tray.
- Place into the oven at 160 °C for 20-30min until golden brown.
- Once slightly cooled down, place some yoghurt in between to create a sandwich.
- Add a strawberry and blueberries on top and serve.
- Nutritional Information (per serving):
Energy: 1255kJ (300 calories)