Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. This is especially true if you include all of the right ingredients in the correct amounts. With the right breakfast, you will either have a great workout or energy until at least lunchtime.
Our Banana Split Porridge recipe has everything you need to start the day right with all you need in one bowl. It’s very easy to make and even more delicious.
Oats might not be everybody’s favourite breakfast food, but when you toast the oats, you have something tastier. Oats are a great energy source and also contains a good amount of dietary fibre. Dried cranberries and almond nuts also add the the fibre and nutrient-rich breakfast.
Banana also adds a lot of potassium which is especially great before a workout. Each serving is only 259 calories but includes a full serving of protein and carbohydrates.
Breakfast is served with perfect serving proportions for the health-conscious individual with the Banana Split Porridge bowl.
Banana Split Porridge Recipe
Course: BreakfastCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy
½ cup Roasted Oats
250 ml Yoghurt, natural, skimmed, unsweetened
1 tsp Dried cranberries
2 tsp Honey
1 medium Diced banana
10 g Chopped almond nuts
1 tsp White sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roast the oats onto a flat tray until golden brown.
- Place the yoghurt into a small bowl.
- Add the dried cranberries, honey and almond nuts.
- Slice the banana into thin slices and place it into a small pan.
- Add the sugar on top of the banana and fry until golden brown.
- Place the roasted oats on top of the yoghurt and add the caramelized banana on top.
- Nutritional Information (per serving):
Energy: 1084kJ (259 calories)
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @the.south.african on Instagram and hashtag it #recipes
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest